Stay Connected:

I Shoreland Permit

When do I need a Shoreland Permit?

A permit is required when new construction or construction that modifies the footprint of an existing impervious surfaces within 250 feet from the reference line or High Water Mark. Shoreland protective areas are all lakes, ponds and impoundments greater than 10 acres, all 4th order and greater streams and rivers, all designated rivers and river segments, etc. The Shoreland Water Quality Protection Act (SWQPA) has been protecting the State’s waters since the Legislative enacted the law in 1991.



I What Are Some Projects
Requiring A Shoreland Permit?

  • Development or Re-Development of your Property
  • Expansion of the Existing Structure
  • Construction of a New Deck or Covered Porch

  • Installing a New Patio
  • Septic System, if the current system is not in failure
  • Raising and Construction of a New Foundation

I Shoreline Project Examples

I Land Use Planning

Property Site Plans:

Property Sketch or Plot Plans may be required by the town/city prior to Submitting an application to the Planning Board, Board of Adjustment, and/or Conservation Commission.

Residential Land Use Planning And Site Elevation:

Evaluating soil and site conditions for the purpose of planning suitable locations for sewage disposal systems along with the House and well locations. This is the first step in determining the availability for lot development.

Site Plan for Residential And Commercial Development:

Site plan are required by the Town or City for commercial Development. This process is to show the pre-development and post development condition on the property, along with filing of applications to Planning Boards and/or Zoning Boards for approvals.

Looking For An Experienced Septic Designer?
Hinds Septic Design Services LLC servicing New Hampshire since March 2002
with more than 30 years of experience in the site development field.

Meet The Team

Areas Of  Service

  • Belknap County
  • Carroll County
  • Cheshire County
  • Coos County
  • Grafton County
  • Hillsborough County
  • Merrimack County
  • Sullivan County

Septic Design NH License

Septic System Designer #1316
Certified Wetlands Scientist #184

Get In Touch

Central NH